Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters
The Alaska Carpenters Training Trust is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Training Director. The Training Trust offers Apprenticeship and Journeyman level upgrade training for Carpenter, Pile Driver & Diver and Millwright trades. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and provide a copy of their driving record.
Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the construction trades and an understanding of the Apprenticeship Training Program. The Training Director is responsible for overseeing, managing and delivering a statewide training program for carpenter, pile driver & diver and millwright trades in Alaska. The Training Director is responsible for enforcing policies established by Alaska Carpenters Training Trust, managing the training office and program, maintaining financial records of the training trust, hiring and scheduling instructors and classes, recruiting new apprentices, overseeing public relations, providing apprentices with opportunities for on the job and classroom training, working with Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee, coordinating with the local unions and contractors and providing upgrade classes for journeymen in accordance with the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America International Training Center curriculum.
© By The Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters. All Rights Reserved.
P a y y o u r d u e s o n l i n e . I t i s F a s t , e a s y a n d s e c u r e !
Welcome to the PNWRCC Website
Meetings held at 10:00 am
407 Denali Street
Anchorage Alaska 99501
We Have more than 2,000 solutions with skilled craftsmen who take pride in building partnerships!
A l a s k a M e m b e r s P a g e
Alaska Carpenters Training Trust
- Develop, implement and monitor training programs for the Alaska Carpenters Training Trust;
- Oversee instructor recruitment, orientation, course assignments, and staffing management
- including evaluation, curriculum implementation and professional development for onsite and distance learning;
- Manage class and instructor scheduling;
- Supervise admissions, registration and class assignments of apprentices;
- Conduct apprentice orientation sessions;
- Ensure satisfactory academic progress in the areas of attendance, grades and graduation;
- Create brochures and training materials;
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations;
- Create testing and evaluation processes;
- Prepare and implement training budget;
- Evaluate needs of signatory contractors and plan training programs accordingly;
- Conduct performance evaluations;
- Provide apprentices, members and contractors with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops;
- Provide performance feedback to staff;
- Conduct continuing education training;
- Provide leadership development education;
- Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and material and tool management;
- Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, efficient material usage, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets.
- Other tasks as are assigned by the Board of Trustees.
The Director of Training will work a standard work week; however some work during evenings, weekends, and additional hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and public events may be required. The Director of Training will have a centralized office location at the Southern Carpenters Training Center located at 8751 King St. Anchorage, Alaska. This position also requires moderate out of town travel to and from training centers, supporting facilities, meetings, and conferences as needed.
Compensation and benefits will be based on the Master Agreement between the Pacific Northwest Regional Council of Carpenters and the Associated General Contractors of Alaska Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Board of Trustees of the Alaska Carpenters Training Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
Click the 'Application for Training Director' button below. Save the file to your computer. Fill out and email to the address below.
Finished applications and any references or other pertinent information shall be submitted no later than June 1, 2017 to the e-mail address below.
APPLICATION FOR TRAINING DIRECTOR